Download Catalogue Get Your Free Quote!
Like Two Field ESPs, Three Field ESPs, On-Line Pulse Jet Bag Filter Plants, Wet Scrubbers, Cyclones, Mechanical Dust Collectors.
Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP)
Electrostatic precipitator (ESP) is a widely used device in so many different domains to remove the pollutant particulates, especially in industrial plants.
And as it name implies it uses the electrostatic fundamentals (corona discharge) for trapping and removing industrial emission like boiler exhaust. That’s why it is named as ESP.
Physical components of Electrostatic Precipitator
Collecting and discharge electrodes
- plate type and tube type.
- Occasionally made of stainless or an alloy steel.
- Generally 0.05 to 0.2 cm in thick.
- plate type and wire type
- made of high carbon steel but also can be constructed of S.S. copper, titanium alloy & aluminum
- Spikes having a corona material.
Comparison of Bag-Filter and ESP
Comparison based on parameters
- For low emission less than 30mg/nm3 go for a bag-filter
- For high temperature more than 260˚c go for ESP
- If moisture content in flue gas is more than 20% go for bag-filter
- If dust resistivity is very high or very low which will be difficult to charge in ESP go for a bag-filter.
- In power industry normally we find ESP but in cement industry bag-filter is generally used due to dedusting action.
Send Your Enquiry